|Zero Time Dilemma|
|Publisher|| JP Spike |
NA Aksys Games
|Release date|| JP Summer 2016 |
NA Summer 2016
|Platform|| Nintendo 3DS |
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma is the upcoming third and final installment of the Zero Escape trilogy.
The game will feature English and Japanese dual audio.
Due to the low popularity of the Zero Escape series in Japan, as well as budget and financial matters, the game was put on hold in 2014.
Soon after, "Operation Bluebird" was created by fans, supporting the Zero Escape series, posting images of their Zero Escape collection, often with a message supporting Zero Escape 3.
Kotaro Uchikoshi posted on February 17, 2014 "That matters are now under consideration".
During a week-long stretch from June 15-22, 2015, this game was the most anticipated game in the world according to fan voting on Most Anticipated Games.
Zero Escape 3 was officially announced at Anime Expo 2015, and a press release suggested a possible title for the game, Zero Time Dilemma.  Uchikoshi said that without fan support after 999, both Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma would have likely not been made.
Ukhikoshi stated that both the Japanese and the American versions are being developed simultaneously.
- "All of them... All six billion... Soon, I will have killed six billion people."
- — Diana to the Operator, about the dire situation in the facility
Nine people have been sent to the Mars Mission Test Site to simulate a manned mission to Mars. On December 31, 2028, the day the simulation was going to end, an unknown group (Most likely Free the Soul) hacks into an operator's video feed of the simulation and releases Radical-6 into the facility. All but 3 people die, the survivors being a woman (Diana) and two other unknown people (most likely Sigma and Phi). The woman contacts the operator, ominously saying that she killed the 6 people, and will likely kill 6 billion more people. This is presumably when Radical-6 escapes from the facility.
The game will have visual novel parts, as well as the "escape the room" segments. It is also unknown if this game will feature a Nonary Game. Zero Time Dilemma will feature multiple endings, although the exact number is unknown at this time.
- The game will be set between the events of Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, at the Mars Mission Test Site, where Radical-6 was first discovered.
- It will answer the unsolved mysteries left from the previous titles.
- Akane, Junpei, Sigma, and Phi are confirmed to return.
- Junpei, Sigma, and Phi are confirmed as participants. (Source for Junpei confirmation on Twitter )
- ? is also confirmed to return, according to Akane.
- Sigma will lose both his arms and his right eye trying to save an unknown woman (likely Diana) in at least one of the endings.
- What happened to Light Field, Aoi Kurashiki and Gentarou Hongou after the events of 999 will be revealed. (Source: VLR Answers, 2, 10, 21)
- What happened to Seven and Hazuki Kashiwabara after the events of 999 will be revealed. 
- Sigma and Phi won't be a romantic couple. (Source: VLR Answers, 24)
- More information about Free the Soul will be revealed. (Source: VLR Answers, 56)
- Brother's identity will be revealed. 
- The game will be more similar to 999 than VLR in terms of tone, and will have a darker story.
- Character designs may have a more "realistic" look to them over a more "anime" appearance.
- It will feature a dog. 
- Nine people are divided into three different "space". Whether or not this means groups of three, or the players will be in three different areas, is unknown.
- "Dio" will probably appear, but "not as the man we know". (This is most likely a reference to one of the first generation Myrmidons or Left clones appearing.) 
- Moral elements "will be the main theme" the game. "Your way of thinking, values, virtues will be intensely [shaken] during this game," Uchikoshi said. "This game is even more philosophical than the past volumes. Of course it'll be entertaining too!"
- There will be new characters introduced.
- The game will have a limited edition pre-order watch.
- ↑ http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132227-Zero-Escape-Conclusion-Put-on-Hold-Indefinitely
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/operationbluebirdze3
- ↑ http://www.favslist.com/MostAnticipatedGames
- ↑ http://gematsu.com/2015/07/zero-escape-3-announced-ps-vita-3ds
- ↑ http://www.gamesradar.com/zero-escape-past-present-and-future/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/273474472332386304
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/620396285586096128
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/05/zero-escape-3-takes-place-on-mars-and-will-make-you-question-philosophies/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/278628353139945473
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/271568672609402880
- ↑ http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/zero-escape-3-more-philosophical-than-past-volumes