|Zero Time Dilemma|
|Publishers|| JP Spike Chunsoft |
|Release dates|| JP Summer 2016 |
NA Summer 2016
|Platforms|| Nintendo 3DS |
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma is the upcoming third and final installment of the Zero Escape trilogy and sequel to Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. It is developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by Aksys Games. It will be released for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita. The game will be digital download only for Europeans.
The game will feature English and Japanese dual audio.
- "All of them... All six billion... Soon, I will have killed six billion people."
- — Diana to the Operator, about the dire situation in the facility
Nine people have been sent to the Mars Mission Test Site to simulate a manned mission to Mars, and experiment if life is suitable there. On December 31, 2028, the day the simulation was going to end, an unknown group (Most likely Free the Soul) hacks into an operator's video feed of the simulation and releases Radical-6 into the facility. All but 3 people die, the survivors being a woman (Diana) and two other unknown people (most likely Sigma and Phi). The woman contacts the operator, ominously saying that she killed 6 people, and will likely kill 6 billion more people. This is presumably when Radical-6 escapes from the facility.
The game will have visual novel parts, as well as the "escape the room" segments. It is unknown if this game will feature a Nonary Game. Zero Time Dilemma will feature multiple endings, although the exact number is unknown at this time.
It is unknown who will compose the music for the game. It may be Shinji Hosoe, who composed the music for the previous two games.
Due to the low popularity of the Zero Escape series in Japan, as well as budget and financial matters, the game was put on hold in 2014.
Soon after, "Operation Bluebird" was created by fans, supporting the Zero Escape series, posting images of their Zero Escape collection, often with a message supporting Zero Escape 3.
Kotaro Uchikoshi posted on February 17, 2014 "That matters are now under consideration".
During a week-long stretch from June 15-22, 2015, this game was the most anticipated game in the world according to fan voting on Most Anticipated Games.
Zero Escape 3 was officially announced at Anime Expo 2015, and a press release suggested a possible title for the game, Zero Time Dilemma. Uchikoshi said that without fan support after 999, both Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma would have likely not been made.
Uchikoshi stated that both the Japanese and the American versions are being developed simultaneously and that both games will be released in Summer 2016. It is currently unknown which version will be released first.
To be written.
- On a teaser site, many of the key words may be related to the game.
- The game will be set between the events of Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, at the Mars Mission Test Site, where Radical-6 was first discovered.
- It will answer the unsolved mysteries left from the previous titles.
- Akane, Junpei, Sigma, and Phi are confirmed to return.
- Junpei, Sigma, and Phi are confirmed as participants. (Source for Junpei confirmation on Uchikoshi's Twitter )
- ? is also confirmed to return, according to Akane.
- Sigma will lose both his arms and his right eye trying to save an unknown woman (likely Diana) in at least one of the endings.
- What happened to Light Field, Aoi Kurashiki and Gentarou Hongou after the events of 999 will be revealed. (Source: VLR Answers, 2, 10, 21)
- What happened to Seven and Hazuki Kashiwabara after the events of 999 may be revealed. (Source: VLR Answers, 50)
- Sigma and Phi won't be a romantic couple. (Source: VLR Answers, 24)
- More information about Free the Soul will be revealed. (Source: VLR Answers, 56)
- Brother's identity will be revealed. 
- The game will be more similar to 999 than VLR in terms of tone, and will have a darker story.
- Character designs may have a more "realistic" look to them over a more "anime" appearance, according to the concept art of Sigma and Diana (?).
- It will feature a dog (possibly the Funyarinpa). 
- Nine people are divided into three different "space". Whether or not this means groups of three, or the players will be in three different areas, is unknown. It is also unknown if you will be able to choose what group you are in.
- "Dio" will probably appear, but "not as the man we know". (This is most likely a reference to one of the first generation Myrmidons or Left clones appearing.) 
- Moral elements "will be the main theme" the game. "Your way of thinking, values, virtues will be intensely [shaken] during this game," Uchikoshi said. "This game is even more philosophical than the past volumes. Of course it'll be entertaining too!"
- There will be new characters introduced. One of the key words on the teaser site was "Gab", so there may be a new character called Gab or Gabriel or Gabrielle.
- Phi's background will be revealed. (Source: VLR secret files)
- Dashiell Gordain's name will not be mentioned, but by the end of the game, we will understand more about him. (Source: Uchikoshi's twitter)
- The Novel sections will be fully animated. (Source: Amazon.com and Gamestop.com)
- The game will focus on choices that will force players to have to choose between gaining their freedom or maintaining their moral integrity. (Source: Gamatsu.com)
- The game will have a limited edition pre-order watch.
- This is the first game in the series in which both the American and Japanese versions are being developed at the same time.
- ↑ http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132227-Zero-Escape-Conclusion-Put-on-Hold-Indefinitely
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/operationbluebirdze3
- ↑ http://www.favslist.com/MostAnticipatedGames
- ↑ http://gematsu.com/2015/07/zero-escape-3-announced-ps-vita-3ds
- ↑ http://www.gamesradar.com/zero-escape-past-present-and-future/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/273474472332386304
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/620396285586096128
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/05/zero-escape-3-takes-place-on-mars-and-will-make-you-question-philosophies/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/278628353139945473
- ↑ https://twitter.com/uchikoshi/status/271568672609402880
- ↑ http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/zero-escape-3-more-philosophical-than-past-volumes