- "It's so peaceful... Does that sound weird? There's no war here. No violent murders, no rapes, no innocent children being abducted... No horrible bosses, no annoying drama between coworkers. You don't have to worry about seeing how happy your friends are on social media..."
- — Diana, trapped in the Underground Shelter
The Underground Shelter is a nuclear bomb shelter located somewhere in Nevada 50 meters underground. It is the main setting of Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma. The nine participants of the Decision Game are brought here from Dcom to play the game after Zero introduces them to it.
At first, the shelter is believed to be shaped like a nonagon consisting of three different sections and a central elevator hall. These sections are known as Ward C, Ward Q and Ward D. Each section is used to house the team whose name matches the ward name, and each ward has different torture devices in it.
There is also an air vent in the lounge just big enough for Gab to get through, allowing the teams to communicate with one another. However, one of the files reveals that the vent leads to nowhere except a small area where Gab sleeps on a rug.
Zero Time Dilemma
It is later revealed that all wards are never separated. All three teams actually shared the Lounge, Decontamination Room, and Prep Room. The Lounge used technology which had the ability to change the interior of the walls and furniture. The teams are put to sleep at different times, so that when one team is awake, the other two are asleep in the pod room.
In the game's true ending, Delta mentions the Transporter and the Quantum Computer were taken away, and the entire site has been removed of evidence of the Decision Game.
- Power Room (escape room)
- Control (escape room)
- Infirmary (escape room)
- Rec Room (escape room)
- Pantry (escape room)
- Quantum Computer Dome (not an escape room)
- Biolab (escape room)
- Pod Room (escape room)
- Study (escape room)
- Healing Room (escape room)
- Locker Room (escape room)
- Manufacturing (escape room)
- Trash Disposal Room (escape room)
- Transporter Room (escape room)